About Me

My photo
I am a mom of two and after following a few other bloggers realized that I needed to better myself. So, here I am ready to take those steps necessary to be a better mom, wife, and person, with each of you following my progress. I want people to know that you can be the kind of mom you want and that anyone can do it!! I hope that you can learn, laugh, and grow with me.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A wedding or a dog? What first?

I have never been so excited about getting a new computer in all my life!! I finally got it today which hopefully means that I can actually continue with my blog!! Today I just have one quick rant before I get to the good stuff: When did it become ok to tell your child/grandchild that it was ok to take someone elses toy from their home? I missed that memo. Maybe next time when Little Man wants something we can go shopping at a friends house instead of me actually having to pay for it out of pocket!?!

SO when I left off last week I was first going to introduce an important member of our family and tell how we got him! This important member is our dog Boaz. He is a miniature schnauzer and is four years old. We got him shortly after getting our first place. I had been wanting a dog for a while but being the way my husband is he HAD to do months of research to find a dog. So one Saturday we were getting ready to go to a wedding that he didn't want to go to. We were getting ready and Mr. Wonderful finally looked at me and asked what it would take to get out of going to the wedding. I flat out told him that we had to go get a dog that day!! I really didn't think that he would. He agreed and we changed into more casual cloths and went to get out dog. I was set on having a black puppy but when we saw Boaz, who is salt and pepper, we had to have him. It took FOREVER to pick out a name, and no we did not name him after a city in Alabama. He was actually named after the right hand column of the temple of Solomon. So that's the story of what a man will do to get out of something he doesn't want to do. The moral of the story: Ladies make it worth your while!!


And now for the important information:

The last week has not gone the way that I planned. We did make cookies which was so much fun but Little Man would not eat them. He helped bake and decorate them but would not even lick the icing. I'm pretty sure he doesn't belong to me. We didn't get the crafts that I had planned because frankly, I'm lazy!! That is going to change.

So know for the first steps in the refocus of my life:
1. Tackling the lazy factor. Mr. Wonderful gets up every morning and heads to work and what do I do? Sleep! I am lucky and blessed that my children will sleep from anywhere between 9 and 10. So during that time I could be doing hundreds of things, so I am. Every morning I will get up with my husband and help him get off to work, then I will shower and get ready for the day. I will do the things that I need to do on the computer and either get ready for the errands or crafts/games that we are going to be doing. If I would just get up these four extra hours then I could get so much accomplished and actually be ahead of the game!!
2. Actually read my Bible and do a devotion everyday! I actually use to do this on a regular basis and felt to much more encouraged and ready to face my day. I slowly 'lost' time to do this. With step one in place I will no longer have that excuse. I know that reading my Bible and talking/listening to God everyday will help to give me the peace and understanding that I need in my life.
3. Exercise daily. Once again getting up four hours earlier in the mornings will help with this. The last month I have used my surgery as a reason that I could not exercise. Well, I am healed and no longer have that excuse. I will do some type of video/workout everyday for at least thirty mins. Just doing this will help me to have energy to face the day and help me to be able to get up every morning.

I am starting these three things bright and early in the morning!! Please pray for me as I take the first step in my journey. I have decided that every time add new steps to my refocus I will give myself two weeks to get accustomed to them before adding more. So please join me for the next two weeks as I focus on implanting these three changes into my life and come back to find out what my next steps will be!!!

God Bless and see you at naptime tomorrow.



Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment