About Me

My photo
I am a mom of two and after following a few other bloggers realized that I needed to better myself. So, here I am ready to take those steps necessary to be a better mom, wife, and person, with each of you following my progress. I want people to know that you can be the kind of mom you want and that anyone can do it!! I hope that you can learn, laugh, and grow with me.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The void before naptime.

Please someone tell me they know what I'm talking about when I say the void before naptime. You know that short time between when you lay your kids down and when you know they have finally gone to sleep. I hate that time! It use to last about five minutes with Little Man but for some reason he is scared to death of sleep. I don't believe in ghost but I'm pretty sure he has seen one to be that scared of sleep. Its not the dark because this happens at naptime and bedtime. That few minutes use to be the time where I would make my lunch and have a few quite moments before I started what every needed to be done for the day. Well today even though I had to lay Little Man back down 5 times I still managed to lose my train of thought and end up on a topic that I feel needs to be ranted about today. So I hope you enjoy!
Why can't I have reindeer and a flying sleigh when I have
 more things to do them time to do them?
So its the Christmas season and though most people I know say they are more concerned with the reason for Christmas instead of the business side of Christmas they still run around looking for that mythical 'perfect gift'. So how do you find that perfect gift? You ask the receiver of course! Yes, you heard me right..you ask them what they want for Christmas and they tell you. Or if your like me they ask for a price limit and then tell you something right under that amount. I'm not ranting because I don't do this..I do, especially if it involves my kids. Here is the thing about asking what a person wants...this is the season to give not receive! Therefore, that person should be happy with whatever you give them even if it is just a handmade card. There are too many rules about what and why you should give someone something. Don't get me wrong I am all for buying every teacher your kids ever had, the post man, your stylist and anyone else you come into contact with a gift. I LOVE giving!! The problem is that there is so much pressure that people spend WAY more then they even have.
Just thought this was a funny concept of money!
 And there lays the over all truth! So the moral of this rant is: the next time someone ask you what you want them to get you for Christmas your answer will be: Whatever you think is appropriate.

On a side note: Mr. Wonderful was reading my blog and decided that I needed a few pointers so I'm going to clear a few things up!!

1. I left out a very import family member our dog! We have had him since 2006..and the reason that we got him will be the topic of one of tomorrows blogs!
2. When trying to make a huge change it is better to start with one thing at a time. Well..I'm doing three. I feel like many of the things I want to change all coincide with each other. So here are the main three: 1. Start having a better relationship with Christ 2. Lose weight and have better physical shape 3. Be a more supportive and understanding mom and wife.

Here's to praying I accomplish those! So stay tuned for tomorrow when I write about how we got our dog and the first steps I am going to be taking to make my first three goals happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment