About Me

My photo
I am a mom of two and after following a few other bloggers realized that I needed to better myself. So, here I am ready to take those steps necessary to be a better mom, wife, and person, with each of you following my progress. I want people to know that you can be the kind of mom you want and that anyone can do it!! I hope that you can learn, laugh, and grow with me.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Short and Sweet!


Ever had one of those moments where you know you are exactly where you should be and you’re completely content with your life? Well, I had one of those moments today and it was amazing! It happened in the middle of a chaotic dinner with friends. We went for pizza and a few rounds of bingo (I suggest never doing this with young children!) with our two children (2&5) and their child (2).  For most of the dinner the kids were moving around, whining, or just wanting attention which made it difficult to play the game. When many parents would have been at their wits end and ready to go crazy, I felt myself looking at everything in slow motion and completely enjoying every second of it. In no way would I have wanted tonight to go any different.

As I recall that moment I can still feel the content that I felt deep within me. I can also tell you about 10 things that I need to improve on; however, that is not what I am dwelling on today. My prayer for many of you is that you have many moments in your life where you feel content, even if everything around you is chaotic.  

On a side note: I have been doing better with bed time and with getting up in the mornings. It is still a struggle but I know that with pray I can do it. Today I was able to get up by 5:15. My goal is 4:45...so close!!




Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment