About Me

My photo
I am a mom of two and after following a few other bloggers realized that I needed to better myself. So, here I am ready to take those steps necessary to be a better mom, wife, and person, with each of you following my progress. I want people to know that you can be the kind of mom you want and that anyone can do it!! I hope that you can learn, laugh, and grow with me.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Making the hard choice.


Yes, I know! Although it has been a few days since I was able to post, I have not forgotten. We have been super busy the last few days.

Back to the post:
Have you ever been in a situation where you didn’t want to hurt someone’s feelings but you had to do what was best for you? Well, we encountered that problem this past weekend. As parents, my husband and I have tried really hard the past month to do better. We had gotten to the point where we were letting our busy schedules affect our children. We wanted time alone with each other and would pick that time together over our children. (Please don’t judge, we already feel bad enough!) We were able to see that we were doing that and have been correcting it. Well, we have recently worked it out so that we no longer had to rely on others to watch our children, therefore we no longer feel like we have to make sure that we don’t make those people made.
My beautiful children. I love the joy on their faces!!
This opportunity has given us a better control over our own lives. This weekend we made a decision that we are sure made many people made, however, we felt it was something that our children should not be around. As their parents these are decisions that we must make, no matter how hard they may be for us.
Making these changes has been demanding emotionally on us. Today has proven that we made the right choices. We were able to spend time with our children that were much needed. I have realized that we should not allow our busy schedules to be excuses for not keeping promises that we have made our children. We have done our best to put a stop to that and will continue to make that progress in the future.
We should all remember that our children grow up WAY too fast, and take with them the knowledge that we give them. I want people to see my children and know that their parents invested their time into raising them. People should realize that our children are all ways watching us to see how we treat people, handle situations, and live our daily lives. Please let your children see the good in people through you and I pray that they see Christ in you daily.

Mr. Wonderful and me!
To those of you that are struggling to make hard choices in your life, remember that you must do what is best for your family and to ALWAYS pray about it. It may hurt for a little while but those pains will fade as you learn to follow God’s will for your life. 



Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment